Doynton Village Hall was given to the residents of the Parish of Doynton by Charles Samuel Clarke in 1937, for the purpose of “physical and mental recreation and social, moral and intellectual development”. It is set in the centre of our village and is a well used venue - for exercise classes, community meetings, exhibitions, dog training classes, concerts, film nights, parties, weddings and social gatherings. It is a registered charity and is run entirely by volunteers.
At the back is a patio and spacious garden, accessed from the hall through tri-fold glass doors. The Hall has a kitchen equipped with cooker, fridge, glasses, crockery & cutlery. Sufficient tables and chairs are available to seat 100. The Hall is licensed for a maximum of 120 people and also licensed for the sale of alcohol within the building.
Over the last three years substantial improvements have been made to the Hall, including a new air source heating system, tri-fold doors to access the back garden and photovoltaic cells on the roof of the Hall. More improvements are planned for the future.
Next page: Hall Details