September 2011: The implementation group held a meeting to discuss where we are and plan further actions where necessary. Click here to see a report of the meeting.
March 2010: After a lot of work by the steering group and others the Doynton Parish Plan has now been released. Many thanks to everyone who has contributed to this.
Everyone in the village should have received a copy by now. If not then please click here to see it - please note that because it is quite large it will take a minute or two to download.
Many of you indicated that you are willing to help implement some of the initiatives that were suggested. If we are to take these ideas forward then we need to know who you are. In particular, please let us know if you would like to help with any of the following ...
- The establishment of a conservation group to help make sure that the character of the Parish is preserved. Any ideas for a suitable project to start on?
- Setting up a working group to walk the Parish, collect litter and beautify the village.
- Setting up an "Eco-Friendly Group" with the objective of making Doynton carbon-neutral and to encourage energy efficiency.
- Establishing an Neighbourhood Watch scheme in the Parish.
- Helping administer the Doynton Village website to help inform the community about what is going on in the Parish.
- Forming a small team to investigate the options for establishing and running a shop and/or café in the village.
- Organising a bulk buying scheme for heating oil.
- Assisting in organising shared transport, voluntary car schemes and Dial-a-Ride to help those in the community who have difficulty in getting around.
- Helping organise outdoor and indoor sporting and recreation activities if suitable facilities can be made available.
- Organising new events and entertainments in the Parish.
WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT TO MAKE THESE THINGS HAPPEN. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN HELPING THEN PLEASE EMAIL US